Sunday, September 13, 2009

STILLNESS ON THE WATER

A SONG

Back at the old house in days long past
Sometimes it got so hot and still
I prayed that my angel would come at last
Silence was the speaking of her will

Then the blue sky filled with a dark purple shield
Rain moved like a curtain pulled ‘cross the field
And the thunder rang out in the heaviest song
Clover blowin’ in the wind, the flag of the strong

Neighbors usually get along while it’s fair weather
But what about a storm makes them change?
It causes all the birds to flock in common feather
And cowboys shoot for homes just out of range

When the rain came down I listened to it well
It rattled on my old tin roof, seemed to cast a spell
The storm can silence the stillness from a-speakin’
So I held my heart open to keep my roof from a-leakin’

Well, the floodwaters came and the river just kept risin’
And it washed away the home I thought I knew
But after awhile I just stopped a-fightin’
I learned I could breathe underwater too

Cause even in the midst of the ragin’ storm
Your angel will come to you if you seek her form
She’s the warm breath that’s calmly brought inside
The stillness on the water that starts to change the tide

No comments:

Post a Comment